Dentofacial Orthopedics Burnaby, BC
- • dentofacial orthopedics is for growing patients
- • usually Phase 1 of 2-phase treatment
- • corrects mismatch in jaw size and/or shape
- • can help fix overbites or underbites
- • can make more room for teeth that are crowded
Dentofacial Orthopaedics uses orthodontic appliances to change the size and/or shape of the jaws. These appliances work only in growing patients, and can be used on the upper jaw, the lower jaw, or both. The are usually removable, but must be worn full time to work effectively. When used as directed, these appliances are effective at correcting most types of jaw discrepancies.
Have A Question?
Book an Appointment with our
Orthodontist for all your Dental Care
Nu-Smile Orthodontics offers Dentofacial Orthopedics and other types of Orthodontic Treatment.
Orthodontic Treatments By Nu-Smile Orthodontics includes: